More traffic = more profits. In this article, I will apply this formula to show you how to increase your income by driving more traffic to your blog using Facebook.
In the following paragraphs, I will introduce you both free and paid methods.
What will you learn here?
Get Facebook traffic to your blog for free
Basically, you have four options to promote your blog on Facebook for free:
- Use your profile.
- Create a Facebook page.
- Create a group.
- Take advantage of existing groups.
Your personal profile is for your friends
Use or not to use your personal profile to promote posts of your blog? That is a delicate question.
On the one hand, you will attract the attention of your friends this way. You should speak to them in a more personal way – in my opinion, the personal profile is not a place for many formalities. Depending on the relationship between you and them, they may be more open to your publications than people who do not know you. In addition, your friends are more likely to share your posts.
On the other hand, I recommend you to find out if the interests of your friends are compatible with your blog topic. If not, do not annoy them by posting things that do not interest them. Better concentrate on the following strategies.
Always create a Facebook page
If I had to choose a single way to promote my blog on Facebook, I would choose this one. Why?
Visitors to your blog can easily like your Facebook page. This way, they will be able to see the posts of your Facebook page on their walls. In addition, the statistics that you have at your disposal as the owner of the page, will give you valuable data. Analyze them to optimize the content of your future posts.
Do you want to get the most out of your page?
- Publish various types of information, not just links to your articles. For example, publish quotes that have something to do with the topic of your blog or upload infographics.
- In the page settings, create a call-to-action button. In your case, I believe that the button Learn More linked to your blog will be the best solution. It’s a very simple way to achieve that more visitors of your Facebook page visit your blog.
- Highlight your most important posts. Let’s say you’ve written an article in which you promote a product through your affiliate link and you earn good money this way. To earn even more, make the link to this article sticky so it will always be the first to be seen by all visitors of your page. How to do it? In the menu of all the publications you will find the option of Pin to Top.
When to publish?
Do you have doubts the best time to publish? So do I 🙂
I have spent a lot of time reading studies on the subject. One of them says that in Spain the best hours to publish are between 1 and 4 pm. Others, focused on other countries, recommend other hours. In my opinion:
- Think about the habits of your fans. For example, if you have a blog about the ways to find a job, most of your readers are likely to be unemployed. Therefore, your fans will be accustomed to visiting Facebook at other times than employees or students.
- If “all of us” know that between 1 and 4 pm is the best time to post on Facebook and if “all of us” do so, a lot of content is posted during this time period. So, with so many publications at a time, are these hours still the best?
How do I do it? I usually try to avoid the night hours. When my Facebook page targets a single country, I randomly choose any time in the morning or afternoon. If the message is intended for the people from countries with different time zones, I try to choose a moment in which in all these countries it is morning or afternoon.
Anyway, I have some good news for you. Facebook lets you schedule the post time. You do not need to be online when your message becomes public.
Create a group to engage your readers
While the pages serve primarily for the communication between you and your readers, in the groups the community members communicate more often with each other.
When you post links pointing to your blog in active groups, you can expect a good click-through ratio.
Before creating a group, you must decide its type. You have three options:
- Public group. Anyone can see the publications of the group members.
- Closed group. Only the group members can view the posts.
- Secret group. Only the group members can view the posts. Also, the group cannot be found with the search.
I recommend you to create the public group. As this is the only type of group that allows to view its publications to people who do not belong to it, more users will notice your posts and your blog will receive more traffic.
Take advantage of existing groups
Groups created by other Facebook users will also serve you. Find some related to the topic of your blog. Make sure the group rules do not prohibit linking to your blog.
Anyway, do not just post the links. Communicate with members of the community. Help them solve their problems, answer their questions and publish information of interest. This way, you will show that you are an expert in your niche. It is one of the most powerful strategies to create your personal brand.
Drive more targeted traffic to your blog with paid ads
What is the biggest advantage of advertising campaigns on Facebook? I would say the possibility of reaching your target audience. You can decide who to show your ads based on several criteria, for example:
- Countries, regions or cities where users live.
- Language(s) spoken.
- Work field.
- Sex and age.
- Marital status.
- And above all – according to their interests.
Sounds good, but what you surely want to learn is how to take advantage of this, right? Well, here is the strategy used by experienced Internet marketers.
You know who are the people who buy the products you promote through affiliate programs. Adjust your campaign so the ads are shown only to these users. Drive traffic to an article where you use your affiliate links. It is the key to achieving a very high conversion rate (the percentage of users who purchase the product). If you earn more on commissions than you spend on ads, let your campaign continue and enjoy the passive income. If not, optimize it by changing your settings until you achieve it.
The price? It’s like an auction
Facebook’s paid ads work like an auction:
- You decide how much you want to pay.
- Your competitors do the same.
- Facebook displays ads that earn them the most money.
In other words, the more you pay, the more your ads are shown.
You can choose from two payment methods:
- Cost per click (CPC. You set the maximum price you are willing to offer for every click on your ad. The system will charge you this amount of money or less, but never more.
- Cost per 1000 impressions (CPM). If you choose this payment model, the price will depend on the number of impressions of your ad. Clicks will not make your campaign more expensive.
Do you have other ideas how to take advantage of Facebook’s popularity to get more visitors to our blogs? Leave me a comment and share your ideas with other readers.